- Job title: From: Kenya<br>Studying: BA Sociology and Social Policy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I speak: : English, Gujurati, Hindi, Swahili and Urdu
- Studying: : BA Sociology and Social Policy
- From: : Kenya
Hello!! My name is Atiyah Mukhi and I’m an international student from Nairobi, Kenya. I completed my advanced level secondary education in Kenya before coming to Leeds to pursue my undergraduate degree. I am currently in my second year here at the university of Leeds pursuing my passion in Sociology and Social Policy.
The University of Leeds is ranked amongst the top ten in the UK for Social Policy along with its excellent standards of teaching it offers, I chose to study at this University because of the incredible opportunities it offers for its students and alumni, both within the University and life outside. Thus far I have managed to join the sign language society, partner with an organization that I can apply my social skills with and make lifelong friends. The clubs cater for everyone’s interests, from the cake society to the badminton club there’s literally something for everyone
What I love about the University; is how it boasts a diverse and multicultural environment. It’s centrally situated which is great for experiencing both the campus and city life. Being an international student away from home can be quite daunting, but with the friends I have made over the course of the year have made had made my move a lot easier and a lot more exciting.
With the course itself, Sociology and Social Policy, I have gained a better understanding through lectures and tutorials in dissecting the world around me. In my free time I enjoy reading and going to the gym. I live at The Plaza which is private owned student accommodation and is located five minutes away from the Pure Gym and the City centre. One of the hidden gems of the city is the Kirkgate and German Market serving the best Dutch pancakes!
I would love to answer any questions you may have.
Posts by Atiyah Mukhi
- Windrush Day
- Eid-al-Fitr 2020 in the UK(with Erza Killian and Suhaib Arogundade)
- Ramadhan in Isolation
- Part-time Job Hunting as an Undergrad
- Keeping Fit During Isolation
- Working in the UK after graduating – a guide for international students! (with Corina Gunawidjaja)
- The Top Six Tips To Survive Exam Season